Birth Injury Attorney In Chicago
We Are Committed To Uncovering The Truth
The wrongful death or injury to a newborn baby is absolutely devastating. An entire family can be left with grief, loss and unending questions. Who or what is responsible? Why did this happen? How did this happen? During this very difficult and unexpected time the support of an attorney can help guide you and your loved ones to make important decisions about the future.
Ray Gupta & Associates, LLC have dedicated their law practice to helping people and families that have become a victim of medical negligence and will work to hold all parties accountable for their actions. We will aggressively pursue compensation for birth injury claims – we will fight for you and your family.
We Earn RESULTS Through Preparation and In Depth Research
Birth injuries can cause a range of problems – now and in the future:
- Brain Damage – caused by oxygen deprivation – HIE (Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy)
- Cerebral Palsy
- Erbs Palsy
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Brachial Plexus Injury
- Broken Clavicle
- Fractured Bones
- Injuries to the Mother
- Wrongful Death
Birth injuries can be catastrophic and may require the expense of lifetime medical care. If medical malpractice caused the injury, you and your family may be entitled to compensation for; medical bills, long-term care, lost earning capacity, pain & suffering. We work with medical experts, economists, and life-care planners to determine your past and future damages for a birth injury due to medical malpractice.
HOW CAN OUR CHICAGO BIRTH TRAUMA LAWYER HELP YOU?
Your case will start with a free consultation. You can meet with a Chicago birth injury lawyer from at our Chicago or Indiana office or at a location that is most convenient for you, including your home. The consultation will be strictly confidential, and it will carry no obligation. During the consultation, we can learn more about your case. For example, we will want to know when you first suspected that a birth injury occurred. Additionally we will want to know how the injury has impacted the life of your child and your family.
If we agree to work together, we will get started on your case right away.
We will take these steps to help you get the justice and compensation you deserve:
- Investigating your case
- Consulting with experts
- Making a settlement demand
- File a lawsuit
- Take your case to trial (If necessary)
- Collect and disburse funds
BIRTH INJURIES CAUSED BY MEDICAL NEGLIGENCE
Medical errors that can cause birth injuries include:
- Delaying the performance of a Cesarean section (or c-section) when problems arise
- Failing to identify and address problems during pregnancy such as infections, pregnancy-induced hypertension or gestational diabetes
- Failing to respond promptly to bleeding, umbilical cord entanglement or fetal distress
- Medication errors, or administering the wrong type or dosage of medication
- Miscommunication between doctors, nurses and other medical professionals
- Misusing a vacuum extractor or forceps
- Neglecting to properly monitor the mother’s or baby’s condition immediately after birth
- Premature delivery complications
- Prescribing a medication for the mother that carries dangerous side effects
If any of the above occurred before, during or after your labor or your child’s delivery, medical malpractice may been involved in your child’s birth injury.
COMMON TYPES OF BIRTH INJURIES?
Common birth injuries in Illinois include:
- Brachial plexus injuries
- Cerebral palsy
- Collar bone fractures
- Extracranial injuries
- Facial nerve palsy
- Intracranial hemorrhage
- Perinatal asphyxia
- Spinal cord injuries
We will help you understand what went wrong during your child’s birth. We will examine medical records for any evidence of medical negligence throughout the labor and delivery process. Some types of negligence include; failure to perform a C-section, failing to call the appropriate medical specialist, failure to properly monitor the fetus, and improper delivery techniques. We can help you find answers.
WHAT CAN YOU RECOVERED IN A BIRTH INJURY LAWSUIT ?
The economic damages can include:
- Caretaking expenses
- Past and future medical expenses
The non-economic damages can include:
- Disability or loss of normal life
- Increased risk of future harm
- Physical & mental pain and suffering
- Shortened life expectancy
HOW LONG DO YOU HAVE TO FILE A BIRTH INJURY CLAIM ?
Normally, under law, a medical malpractice lawsuit must be filed within two years after the date of the act (or) within two years from the date on which the injury was reasonably discovered. However, in no case can the claim be brought more than four years after the negligent act or omission.
GET HELP TODAY FROM OUR CHICAGO BIRTH INJURY ATTORNEYS
If you suspect that your child has suffered a birth injury and want to learn more, contact us today for a free consultation and case review.
Cases are taken on a contingency fee basis. You pay no fee unless we recover damages for you.